Visit California’s new family-focused campaign lets kids rule, and there’s no better place to start your Kidifornia adventure than in Buena Park, California.
Welcome to Kidifornia — it’s a great place to take your parents!
Speaking to the Golden State’s youngest tourists, Visit California’s newest family-focused TV commercial proves that with so many options for family fun, California is made for kids.
Debuting in the United States and Canada, the spot, “Welcome to Kidifornia,” invites kids to rule on their next family vacation. Here, the children are in charge.
“This campaign joyfully encourages our youngest dreamers to bring their parents along for a trip to Kidifornia,” said Caroline Beteta, Visit California president and CEO. “From catching the winter wave at our mountain resorts to creating magic at one of our theme parks or unplugging in nature, there are endless opportunities for kids to dream big in California.”
With a growing number of bucket list-worthy theme parks, museums, national and state parks, beaches and more, California is the perfect destination for fun.Let your kids lead the way to Buena Park’s world famous attractions, interactive dinner shows and one-of-a-kind events including:
- Knott’s Berry Farm is a 160 acre theme park where kids can get their picture taken with Snoopy and the Peanut’s Gang, enjoy dozens of rides, shows and attractions in four themed areas and travel back in time to pan for gold in the Wild West.
- Pirate’s Dinner Adventure invites kids to be part of the show by helping Captain Sebastian the Black and his crew of pirate’s save the day from the evil sea dragon. The World’s most interactive dinner show features aerial artistry, swordplay, acrobatics and a four-coruse meal.
- Knott’s Soak City Waterpark is the perfect place to cool down with dozens of thrilling slides, a kids splash area, one of the world’s longest lazy rivers and the Beach House, a water-filled playground with surprises around every corner.
- John’s Incredible Pizza is a kids paradise with an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet, over 100 ticket dispencing games and thrilling indoor rides.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament brings the pageantry and excitement of an authentic medieval tournament to life. While dining on a three-course feast fit for a king, kids can cheer on their favorite knight as he competes in jousting matches, swoardfights, games of skill and falconry.
- Big Air Buena Park lets kids jump off the walls inside their 17,000 square foot park. Test your climbing skills on the rock wall; throw down on the slam dunk court; flip into foam cubes on the Launch Pad or take on your friends with a gladiator combat sticks on the balance beam.
The “Welcome to Kidifornia” commercial takes viewers on an adventure to some of California’s most kid-friendly attractions and destinations, showing the kids as the ones in charge of the vacation, while their parents entertainingly come along for the fun.
“Welcome to Kidifornia” is available to view online starting today, along with the new brand spot “Living the Dream.” 15-second and 30-second versions of both commercials will air across the United States on a mix of national cable and broadcast television layered with video-on-demand. Broadcast placements include a first-ever appearance in primetime during ABC’s top rated family comedies including “Modern Family,” “Black-ish” and “The Goldbergs.” In the digital space the commercial will play on Hulu, NBC online, ABC online and YouTube.
Visit California invites kids of all ages to share their own California dreams and adventures using #Kidifornia on Twitter (@VisitCA), Instagram (@VisitCalifornia) and Facebook (facebook.com/VisitCalifornia). Kids can share photos and videos of their trips to California, stories of fun they’ve had in the Golden State and even drawings of dreams they’d love to come true in “Kidifornia.”